Followers

Sunday 11 February 2018

Land of the rainbow gold



Sharing a card I made for a friend’s birthday featuring a couple of images from Make it Crafty, Tulip Garden and Wattle Tree Flower.


I cropped both images to just have a small flower as this is actually a card for a guy.  I chose the images as he is originally from The Netherlands but now calls Australia home and he’s also a landscaper.  I layered the flowers over a 40 I computer generated.  The images are watercoloured and the 40 ended up a bit distressed, which I rather like, as my laser printer decided to print a bit unevenly on the watercolour paper.

My sentiment is a fabby chippie from Make it Crafty, which I coloured up in shades of orange and then added shine to with a few layers of UTEE.  I felt the card needed a little something and chose to add in a few sequins so I could play along with the current challenge at Double D.

Over at Creative Knockouts they are running a birthday challenge so I am linking my card up there.  I’m also entering it in the current anything goes challenge at Crafty Catz.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger UTEE ~ Clear
Embellishments
Little Things from Lucy’s Cards Shaker Selection  ~ Lemon Sherbet
Make it Crafty Chipboard ~ Happy Birthday
Neat & Tangled Sequin Mix ~ Spooktacular
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon & Rusty Hinge
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Carved Pumpkin, Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Rusty Hinge & Squeezed Lemonade
Papers
Arches Watercolor ~ 185gsm Smooth
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Forest
Stamps
Make it Crafty ~ Tulip Garden & Wattle Tree Flower
Challenges
http://daranddiane.blogspot.com.au/2018/02/sequin-challenge.html

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty CAS creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Sequins’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and design. Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks just amazing. I love how you have layered the flowers over the number, GENIUS!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Sequin Challenge. Hope to see you back soon!
    Judy~ DD Dt
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the distressed look of the 40! Sometimes things work out best when they don't turn out as expected. This is a perfect card for your landscaper guy friend. Thanks for sharing in our sequins challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very lovely card. Great how you layered everything.
    Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck!!
    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: