Followers

Sunday 2 April 2017

Flores de Noche Buena



Keeping up with my Christmas card making and today I’ve been playing with the Lavish Poinsettia die from Tattered Lace.


I chose this die as the current theme at Christmas Cards All Year ’Round is flowers.  I searched in vain for a poinsettia stamp among my collection and even for one I liked in digi but in the end am glad I went with a die cut instead.  I’ve used all of the elements of the die; I just didn’t assemble it all in one.  I took the base and used the negative cut to create a shaker window and layered the second filigree piece and the final centre piece.  The small solid set of petals I used to embellish my sentiment flag.  For a bit of interest I stamped the solid petals with a Leaf Print stamp from Tim Holtz and embossed with clear embossing powder.  A bit of bling for a final touch in the centre finished off my card.

The overall layout of my card follows the current sketch at CAS Colours &Sketches.  I mirror imaged the sketch not by plan but by not thinking about this when I placed my top piece of cardstock on the alcohol inked piece.  My larger border ended up on the wrong side so I had to go with the mirror image.  I also shifted the placement of the sentiment banner to better fit the two poinsettias.

At Fab ‘n’ Funky they happen to be looking for Christmas projects so I am also linking my card up there.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Tattered Lace ~ D452 Lavish Poinsettia
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Sparklets ~ Daffodil
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Gold Mixative, Pearl Mixative & Red Pepper
Tsukineko Encore! Ultimate Metallic ~ Bronze
Papers
Christina Re Designer Card ~ Shimmering Pearl
Core’dinations Tim Holtz Metallic Cardstock ~ Bronze
Couture Creations ~ Acetate
Maroon Smooth Cardstock from stash
Yupo ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Stampin’ Up! ~ Snow Swirled (sentiment)
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS273 Leaf Prints
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful shaker! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great shaker card - love the filigree piece on top of the cut out. Thanks for joining us on this weeks CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shaker card, I love the design and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shaker card - those snowflakes are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: