Followers

Sunday 12 February 2017

The wine-cup is the little silver well…



I’m sharing a simple Christmas card I made using one of the images from the Coffee set from My Cute Lobster Designs.


I printed the coffee glass image on the back of a piece of Deco Sheet and then hand cut it and stuck it on acetate.  The ‘mulled wine’ was made from alcohol ink and Yupo background and a shaker selection from my favourite place to get them, Little Things From Lucy’s Cards.  My image choice was directed by the current drinks theme over at Christmas Card Throwdown.

It is the year of the shaker card for me so I couldn’t go past the current challenge at Crimbo Crackers.  Have to say this shaker was a bit of a challenge, I originally had the cinnamon stick all the way into the drink but it was way too thick and my sequins were escaping all over the place.  So I pulled it out and just cut a small piece off to sit in the top of the glass.  I used a Typed Token as a drink charm to add in a Christmas themed sentiment.

I kept the rest of my card deliberately CAS in order to enter this in the current Merry Monday challenge.  On reflection I think I should have made the glass from something sturdier than a Deco Sheet but I still like how this came out.  A bit of a fun card for Christmas that will be perfect for one of my wine loving friends.

Ingredients:
Embellishments
Live and Love Crafts ~ Cinnamon Stick
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings ~ Typed Tokens Christmas
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Alcohol Blending Solution, Caramel, Gold Mixative, Purple Twilight & Red Pepper
Papers
Curious Metallics Iridescent Cardstock ~ Cryogen White
Couture Creations ~ A4 Acetate
Stamps
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Trimmings ~ Tinsel Twine Silver
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. What a great card, can't stop looking at it! And I think I may have to CASE it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and festive Shaker card. So cute. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative card, so clever to make it a shaker. It looks wonderful and the cinnamon is the prefect finishing touch. I hope you'v stopped shedding sequins now.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shaker card is a fun idea! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great shaker card! I really like how you have created the wine! Thanks for joining us at CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is very clever! I love the shaker details and that lovely little charm with St Nick on it! Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with our drinks challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Unusual shape too but it really works well! Thanks for entering Crimbo Crackers - hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: