Followers

Friday 25 March 2016

Dressing up is a bore



Today’s card features Katherine a gorgeous stamp from Kraftin’ Kimmie.


I’ve used the colour inspiration from Color Throwdown to do up my card.  I’ve used two of the colours on the image for her dress and picked up the third colour on the card itself in the border and on the rectangle elements.  I’ve made these using alcohol ink although I didn’t have the right colour in my alcoholic inks so I just used Various Ink for it.  The yellow colour is a bit gold toned so I used some Gold Mixative for added interest on the rectangles.

The layout of my card follows the current sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches, I just added in my image over the top of the background elements.  The fab quote stamp comes with Katherine and perfectly suits the friend this card is going out to.

Over at 4 Crafty Chicks they’re looking for CAS projects so I am entering my card in their challenge.  I am loving the colour combo on her dress and the CAS design that allows Katherine to take centre stage.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Lips R24
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BG72, BG75, BG78, BV25, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Navajo
Stamps
Challenges
Color Throwdown #385 ~ Teal, Turquoise & Golden Yellow
 
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous colours and what a dignified lady! Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love the alcohol ink panels and the coloring of the image is absolutely amazing (the hair, the back line, the dress shadows...could go on). Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully colored image! Love the touches of gold in the background panels, too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the sketch and colors!! Fab coloring!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colouring of your sassy lady is fabulous and paired with such a great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that image and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks!
    Tina- 4CC- DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, lovely image. Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week! Nance, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done & superb colouring. Thanks for playing along at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous background colour and a wonderful image - I love that quote too! Thanks for joining us again at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: