Followers

Monday 19 January 2015

There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy’s life...



I have a cute little card to share today featuring Jude’s Heart from Simply B Stamps.


As I’m giving this to my young nephew for his birthday I’ve covered the heart in Jude’s hand with a pirate treasure map.  I thought the look on Jude’s face worked very well for a little boy baffled by the directions on a map.

To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch at RetroSketches, I just made the corner element out of my sentiment strips and some stars to match the star paper I used.  I also made the rectangular element a bit larger to accommodate Jude but mostly so I could use my new Doohickeys die.  My crafty resolution formulated this week (a bit late for New Year’s I know but hey, better late than never) is to use every new die I get as soon as I get it.  This is to hopefully get me from just ordering and hoarding dies to actually using them on my cards.

As I do have a die cut on my card I am entering this in the current challenge over at Stamping Sensations.  I’m also entering my card in Cardz 4 Guyz’s current challenge as it is for a guy (a young one but a guy nonetheless) and it is for a birthday.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E11, E23, 0
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, C00, N4, N6, N8, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y19, Y21, Y28, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Pebbles Metallic Cream Chalk ~ Dark Blue
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Border Strip Sticker from stash
Stickabilities ~ 1¼” Hand Drawn
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Faded Jeans & Scattered Straw
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Typhoon
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow your colouring is wonderful. It looks 3 dimensional. Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys Challenge. - Myrna January 2015 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've adapted the digi - you're right about the expression on his face! A really great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: