Followers

Wednesday 21 January 2015

...the two natures that contended in the field of my consciousness...



I’m sharing a card today made for a milestone birthday for a colleague at work.


To make up the “belly band” that holds this card contained when it’s not on display I’ve followed the current sketch at Techno Stamper’s.  I did make the circle element smaller but only because I didn’t have a clock in the appropriate size.  I wanted to go with a time theme as the milestone was 50 and the colours of the paper and design worked really well for the look and feel I was going for.

On the actual card itself I’ve taken in the recipient’s favourite pastime of running by featuring Track Alex from Simply B Stamps, which sadly is a retired image.  I’ve also added in my all-time favourite male image of 1920s Kody from Some Odd Girl, also sadly retired.  (You so gotta get those digis when you see them as they are here one day gone the next!)   I put these images on the card as I am always jokingly telling him he looks like a bum in his running attire but very distinguished in his suit for work.


Papertake Weekly’s current challenge is to use three or more shapes on your card; I have a circle (clock face), rectangles (the card base, the shape behind the images and on the belly band) and squares (the patterned paper top and bottom row of the card).  I’m also entering it in the current challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz where it’s the easy peasy anything goes theme.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E21, E27, 0
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair C1, C3, C5
Outfit B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, N5, N7, N9, V09, V12, V15, V17, W4, W6, W8, W10, 100
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Game Spinners & Word Bands
Prima Vintage Trinkets Sunrise Sunset ~ Vintage Clock Face
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Walnut Stain & Weathered Wood
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Pansy
Maja Design Vintage Autumn Basics ~ No. XIV & No. XVI
Stamps
Simply B Stamps ~ Track Alex (retired)
Some Odd Girl ~ 1920s Kody (retired)
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a great card design. I appreciate all the work that went into making it. Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys Challenge. - Myrna January 2015 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. A different style from the normal rectangular card, makes a refreshing change. Well done with all the folding and colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that sentiment and the feel of this card. So fun, and it is perfect for a the milestone. I turn 50 in about a month. It is a big one! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card, nice to see something different. Thank you for joining in with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. We hope to see you again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - a really great design and I love the papers you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: