Followers

Thursday 15 January 2015

Oh my ears and whiskers…



It’s challenge time over at PunkyouGirl and it’s an easy peasy one of ‘anything goes’ and I’ve used a great image from our sponsor, SLS Lines, called Goth Girl and Rabbit.


To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch over at Retrosketches.  I just swapped out the butterfly element for my image and mounted my sentiment on a Tim Holtz Tattered Curvy Scroll.  I’ve kept the embellies and papers fairly toned down, one, as this is a ‘darker’ project in the PunkyouGirl style, and, two, I’m thinking this for a male card.

As I’ve got a die cut and the card would suit a male I am entering it in the current challenge at ScrapbookerPhD.  The inside of the card finishes the sentiment for a belated birthday card.  And yes, its supposed to be slightly cheeky with a nod toward the Playboy bunnies given her somewhat provocative pose and as it is for a male.


Now over at Open Minded Crafting they have a theme of ‘new year’s resolutions’ for their current challenge.  Mine is to be on time with my cards this year so how does a belated birthday card fit that theme?  Well, if past years are anything to go by where I’ve made similar resolutions to be on time with my crafting are anything to go by I am going to be raiding my stash for this card when I realise I’ve missed one of my male friend’s birthdays.  I’ll then be glad that I made this resolution and started off so well in having a card at the ready so I’m not quite so late!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B000, B00, B06
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair Y00, Y02, Y04, Y08
Outfit B00, B02, B04, B06, C00, C0, C1, C3, N5, N7, N9, 0, 100
Rabbit R0000, R000, R00, W00, W0, W1
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Tim Holtz Alterations ~ Tattered Curvy Banners
Embellishments
K&Company Transfers ~ Monogram
Inks & Paints etc
Spica ~ Black, Gold, Lavender & Pink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Faded Jeans, Fired Brick, Scattered Straw & Tea Dye
Papers
Blue Fern Studio Sanctuary ~ Botanical Garden & Conservatory
Ribbons & Trims etc
Fabric Tape from stash
Recollections ~ Bling on a Roll
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Such a quirky creation. Love the jewel detail and lol, that sentiment is just perfect.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the muted tones too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Julie DT
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Pumpkin Belly Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, and I like the thinking behind it.
    Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting.
    Good luck and all the best.
    Sammi (AngelicBadGirl)
    DT OMC

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun card. thanks for giving me a giggle! Thanks for joining us for our 'Masculine' challenge #19.
    Alicia (Scrapbooker PhD DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue stockings!
    The sentiments are great - unique.
    Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's masculine birthday card challenge this month. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: