Followers

Thursday 8 January 2015

…a superb tailor’s work is ageless



I’ve made another parcel card for a special birthday featuring my all-time favourite image for a male, 1920’s Kody from Some Odd Girl, which seems to have been retired!


This is going out to a guy so I didn’t want it all florally and girlie so I went to my favourite stash of embellies, my Prima and Tim Holtz metal stuff.  What a great find that there was a 30 among the Prima Door Signs because, you guessed it, this is for a 30th birthday.  I also found some words that fitted in well and allowed me to jazz up the parcels, which I’d stuck down before thinking about adding twine or anything to.  I’ve missed using my metal embellies as I haven’t done anything Steampunky for a while so it was great to get them out.  As they are my favourite embellies I’m entering my card in the current challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.

I did throw in one flower as there was this space just sitting there under the Typo Bulbs, it is a burlap one and I did alter it a bit.  I pulled off the bottom layer and trimmed the others to make it smaller and pulled out the stamens, I swapped them for a metal brad and some glitter.  Hopefully not too girlie!

I thought the quote from the Kaiser rub ons was appropriate for a milestone birthday and it helped fill the space too.  As did the parcels to make this a nicely embellished card without all the flowery, girlie stuff we normally add to our cards.

I’m also entering my card in the current challenge at Incy Wincy Designs, where the theme is to use a number, something I have done thanks to this being a milestone birthday and that great Prima Door Sign.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E31, E39, 0
Lips E11
Hair YR04, YR07, E09, E18
Outfit B91, B93, B95, N4, N6, N8, V91, V93, V95, V99, W0, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Distress Glitter ~ Rusty Hinge
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Rub ons ~ Inner Self & These Days
Petaloo Textured Elements ~ Burlap Blossom Black
Prima Junkyard Findings ~ Jeans Plates & Small Typo Bulbs
Prima Shabby Chic Treasures ~ Door Signs
Stickabilities ~ 716 Hand Drawn
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Antique Linen, Black Soot & Faded Jeans
Papers
American Crafts Cardstock ~ Kraft
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Typhoon
Prima Cartographer ~ Montgolfiere
Stamps
Some Odd Girl ~ 1920’s Kody (retired)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card.. Thanks for sharing your card at Incy Wincy...

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: