Followers

Friday 21 March 2014

Du er mig saa smuk ved snee-lysets



Today is my last showpiece from the beautiful Fairy Tales & Myths’ collection at Simply B Stamps and features the lovely Snow Queen.


I decided to make a matchbox on which to place my Snow Queen, mostly because there’s a matchbox challenge over at the Flying Unicorn Forum and the image is so beautiful it deserved something more than a mere card.  Of course this is a Steampunk Snow Queen so my snowflakes include some tiny watch parts that I gessoed to look snowy.

I also applied a little gesso to the pearls and the snowflake I cut using a Spellbinders’ die.  The beautiful lace from Live & Love Crafts suited the image and feel I was going for perfectly.  With both my lace and pearls I am entering this in the current challenge at Time 4 Scrap.

This pretty little box needed some real bling to finish so my handle is made from a Swarovski crystal that I adhered to a Prima Junkyard Finding Facucet Handle, some more Steampunky metal goodness.  I love my metal embellies and metal also happens to be the current challenge at Top Tip Tuesday so I’m linking this up over there too.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53, (E02 cheeks)
Eyes BG05
Hair C00, C1, C3
Outfit BG000, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09, BG10, BG11, BG15, BG23
Hair
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Shapeabilities ~ Snowflake Pendant 2012
Embellishments
BoBunny Jewels ~ Frosting
Prima Junkyard Findings ~ Faucet Wheel
Swarovski Crystal
Watch Parts from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Claudine Hellmuth Studio ~ Gesso
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Faded Jeans & Tumbled Glass
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Ribbons & Trims etc
Baker’s Twine from stash
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is absolutely gorgeous. Great design with the metal handle, pearl swirls, gorgeous snowflake and awsome colouring too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back next tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Top Tip Tuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Emily love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning project! Love the design and the image is colored beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Hugs, Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: