Followers

Saturday 8 February 2014

Clouds in my coffee


There’s a fun new image at Simply B Stamps, Coffee Lover Bre, who comes in two versions, I’ve got the hot coffee version on my card today.


Given the coffee flavour to this image I had to go with coffee colours on my card and have pretty much done a monochromatic card giving my E family of Copics a good work out.  Hopefully all the different patterns and shapes stop this from being a boring brown card!

My card follows the current sketch at Outlawz, which had just the right elements to go with the recipe challenge over at Crafter’s Café.  I do have a couple of extra die cuts as I felt I needed something under Bre’s feet so added in the sentiment, my square dies were a bit smaller than the square elements on the sketch.  And, shhh, we won’t mention the extra pearl, it is just an itty bitty one for her earring so I’m sure it doesn’t count.

I tried a couple of different ribbons with images printed on them (cupcakes and dandelions) but finally settled on plain brown as a contrast to the patterned papers.  It would have been good to have had the same shade of brown as my cardstock for the largest die cut square but sometimes you just have to roll with what you’ve got and admit your vast stash doesn’t include everything.  With my ribbon element I am also linking this up at Craft Ribbons’ current challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E25, Y26, 0
Lips R02, R05
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, E42, E44, E47, E49, YR12, YR14, YR16, YR20, YR21, YR23
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities – Marvellous Squares
Spellbinders Shapeabilities – Fancy Framed Tags One
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tea Dye
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock – Charlie & Iced Cocoa
Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections – Bed of Roses
Ribbons & Trims etc
The Paper Studio Grosgrain Ribbon – Family
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Just so love the coffee earthy tones and yes I can really relate as I am also a coffeeholic.
    Wishing you a wonderful and relaxed weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and great use of both the Outlawz Sketch and the TCCCB Recipe! Beautiful coloring of the image. Very Nicely Done! Thanks for playing along with us here at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator TCCCB

    The Outlawz Greetings Challenge, Team Leader
    613 Avenue Create Challenge, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, your image is so beautifully coloured, thank you for joining us at Craters Cafe
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the muted colours
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenge
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colouring. Thanks for playing along with Crafty Ribbons this week. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvellous card uasing the recipe at the Crafters Cafe this week, thanks for joining us

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: