Followers

Friday 18 October 2013

Candied Bat



One from this year’s Teen Scene Trick or Treat collection, this is Miss Batty Rio.

 
This tag is going to accompany a Halloween gift that I fear is going to end up rather late, there is so much to do I am way behind schedule.

The tag follows the sketch at Pals Paper Arts, I just used a tombstone for my base instead of a plain old rectangle.  For my embellishments, I’ve cut the bats out of some G45 Steampunk Spells paper and put them on a foam square, it’s a bit hard to tell in the pic, but I’ve folded up their wings a bit for added dimension.  I've also used my Wink of Stella pens on the candies to give them a hint of sparkle.

I’ve stuck with two traditional Halloween colours, black and purple, on my tag, well, with a smidgy-widgy of other colours on the bats and candies.  So I’m entering in the current challenge at Paper Crafting Journey.  And with all the batty elements to this I’m also linking it up at the current Unruly Paper Arts’ challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E11, E21, E50, E51, (cheeks R02)
Lips R02
Eyes E35, E37, 0
Hair T3, T5, T7, 100
Outfit N4, N6, N8, V09, V12, V15, V17, 100
Bowl B000, B00, B02, B05, Y13, Y15, Y17, YR12, YR14, YR16
Chocolate E49, E55, E57
Die Cut
Embellishments
Martha Stewart Halloween Paper Tape
Washi Tape from stash
Papers
DCWV Bewitched
Echo Park Chillingsworth Manor – Orange/Tan
Ribbons & Trims etc 
Green Tara Mesh Ribbon – Black 
Purple Ribbon from stash 
Stamps 
Simply B Stamps Miss Batty Rio 
Challenges 
Pals Paper Arts #176 – A Sketch Challenge!


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is a really fabulous halloween tag. Love the shape and super image. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute, great details. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bats look fabulous cut from the G45 Papers and I love the wonderful tombstone shape of your tag. Such a fabulously fun creation just perfect for Halloween and our Going Batty RAQ at Unruly PaperArts this month. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool way to take this sketch and use it on a shaped tag! And those bats are just fabulous! :) Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loving this tag, I love how you made it sort of a tombstone shape.Thank you for joining us over at Unruly PaperArts for Octobers RAQ. We hope you will join in again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: