Followers

Friday 29 March 2013

Bad Hair Day


This month’s challenge over at the Simply Betty Fan Page is to use this awesome image, Medusa, and the colour combination of black, cream and one other colour of your choice.  I decided to go with turquoise for my colour choice.
Don’t ask me why I thought cutting that Grecian pattern by hand twice was going to be a good idea!  I do like how it turned out but no way was I going to repeat all that cutting for the inside so I stuck with my embossed border instead.  I think they both work to give the feel of a Grecian vase, which was what I was aiming for.
I don’t know what I’ll use this card for, I thought maybe I could put “Having a bad hair day?” on the front but not sure what I’d add on the inside for a matching sentiment.  At any rate, I love this image, I used another from this line in an earlier card, Cassiopeia.  There’s a third, Athena, and more will be released later this year, can’t wait to see them all.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E02, E11 (cheeks E93)
Eyes E23, E27
Lips R46, R59
Hair B11, B23, B34, B49, Spica Clear
Dress E50, E51, E53, C-1, C3, C-5, C-7, 100
Jewellery Y28, Colourless Blender, Spica Gold and Turquoise
Stamp
Simply Betty Stamps Medusa
Paper
7gypies Camden stack
Creative Memories Happy Holiday cardstock sampler
Embossing folder
Cuttlebug Bandana border
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts

2 comments:

  1. Get out! You cut that border by hand?! Holy crow, you go girl! Love your card, and your idea about the bad hair day sentiment! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... this is soooo AMAZING....
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: